Friday, April 29, 2011

Prayer Request

 I have a prayer request for ya'll. My older siblings Katie (16) and Cody (14-he'll be 15 in August) are competing in the Finalists Drills at High Point tomorrow. They have a chance to go to Nationals and compete for a $2500 scholarship to the college of their choice (the top 3 winners will be rewarded one). My older sister Katie really wants to win, as does Cody. And honestly, I really want it for them. Katie is in High School Bible Drill and has memorized a TON of passages in the Bible, including the Love Chapter (1 Corinthians 13). She is one of the fastest people I've ever seen. If ya'll could just pray for them to have a TON of speed and quick recall, that would be appreciated. As Tori said,if you miss one, you're out. It'd really help if they could rack up on bonus points (you get bonus points when you are the first person up). They are some of the most mature Christians I've ever seen and I hold them in high regard. Yet again, I'd really appreciate it if you could pray for them to have quick recall.

Love,
Callie

3 comments:

  1. I thought and prayed for them often today. That was so nice of you to post this for them. Finalists is a thrilling, yet nerve-racking experience - but I'm sure they did fine and had a great time!

    Great quote from me by the way!! How did you know I said that? Did Katie tell you, or were you standing there when I said it? Just curious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was standing around where ya'll were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I thought I told her that in the car. I was just curious. You have very good ears - I didn't even know you were listening! :) Thanks for quoting me...it feels good to be quoted...you know!? :)

    ReplyDelete