Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tribute To My Amazing Mama

So, I saw Tori's tribute to her mom and noticed that she had linked up to Ann Voskamp's blog, which is one of my mom's favorite authors. I've never really linked up before, but I figured I kinda had a story to tell about my mama.

She's one of the most important people in my life. I don't know what I'd do without her. One of those, "If she died, I'd die" kind of deals. You never think anything's going to happen. At all. I mean, you grow up, go to college, get married, have kids, she's there through it all. That's what's  s'posed to happen. Or so we think.

Three years ago, she had a ministroke. On October 28, 2011, she had symptoms of another. Through the tests, they found out something. Something we had known partially.

She had a brain tumor.

In 2008 it was the size of pea.

In 2011 it was the size of a golf ball. And it needed to go.

Whirlwind of emotions, right? I remember telling Mama at one point that it was the first time in I couldn't tell you when that I didn't cry before I fell asleep. There were days when I cried. A lot.

People asked me if I was okay. I lied. I mean, how do you tell someone that on the inside you're falling apart because you're not sure that one of the most important people in your life is going to be okay?

Mama's surgery was on December 22. It was Kayden's birthday. By sheer miracle of God and His blessing, my mom got out of the hospital on December 23. It has grown us in more ways than one.

Life's pretty much back to normal.

She does everything she ever has done.

She works two days a week. She schools four of the five of us. She cooks supper most every night and, on Wednesdays, usually cooks for her High School class, which averages 16-18 on a given Wednesday night.

She's a woman after God's own heart. She personifies Proverbs 31. She puts up with me and my four siblings and all our junk. She's amazing.

She loves with everything she's got and then some. She is the most selfless person I've ever met. She's not afraid to serve. She has so much wisdom. If I'm ever 1/1000 of the person she is, I'll be happy.

She is the best mom I could ever ask for. I am so thankful she is mine.

Mama, thank you so much for all you do! You are such an inspiration for me and I want to be like you!

Love you, Mama!

-Callie

Her sons rise up and call her blessed.
Her husband also praises her:
“Many women are capable,
but you surpass them all!”
Proverbs 31:28







1000 Moms Project

No comments:

Post a Comment